Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Oat free Muesli

We've been eating Mum's and making our own home-made Muesli for a little while but recently Dave decided he wanted to go completely grain-free. Here's a good explanation as to why.

I made up some new Muesli for Dave a week ago and he's really enjoying it. It also keeps him full till about 11am.

Oat Free Muesli




There is no set recipe for this. Just do a combination of dried fruits, nuts and seeds that you enjoy with coconut thread or coconut flakes as the base instead of Oats.
I've used Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Linseeds, whole raw Hazelnuts, raw Walnuts, sliced raw Almonds, dried Apple slice chunks, diced dried Apricots,dried Cranberries and some Yoghurt covered raisins(YCR's) thrown in for good measure. All this with a good helping of coconut thread. Combine and store in a container. I've put a 1/2 measuring cup in with it so Dave doesn't go overboard on what equates a normal serving at 6am in the morning. He's currently off Dairy too, so has his with a bit of Almond milk and some fresh fruit on top.

I'm not going to lie, this sh*t was expensive to make. If fact I got a bit of a shock when I got home from Pak n Save and checked my receipt. I'll be seeking out a more cost effective supplier this weekend. Apparently there is a bulk bin shop in Browns Bay. So we'll see what their prices are like.

If you try this/want to try this or any of my other meal ideas I'd love to know! Comments welcome =)

No comments:

Post a Comment